So, what can we do today that will start our week off on the right foot?
I’m going with, making someone else smile or doing something for someone else for no reason at all! If you’ve never done this, it’s really motivating and not only makes the other person feel good, but you as well.
I know we have all heard of the standard pay it forward, random acts of kindness but let’s try to get creative and think outside of the box. Maybe we can even try to keep it up for the WHOLE week, imagine being nice for that long!
Here are some ideas to get you going:
- On your daily Dunkin’ Donuts run, instead of paying for the car behind you (which you certainly can do), order a box of Munchins and tell the window to give them to the car behind you (Starbucks fans, you spend how much for a coffee? Add a cake pop and do the same).
- Buy a few candy bars and put them on your co-workers desks, leave a nice note, or not. If you can watch discreetly, it’s so much fun to see the confusion.
- Send some kind of a gift card, any denomination to someone enclosed in a beautiful or encouraging card.
- Tape a dollar or two to a vending machine with a note to enjoy a free treat or drink.
- Send flowers, fruit basket or cookiegram to someone for no reason at all.
- Put a note on someone’s desk about their great outfit, hair, makeup…
- Say something really nice to someone about someone else (who could quite possibly be listening).
If you really want to challenge yourself, pick an act of kindness to use on someone you really don’t care for, or a complete stranger!
Please share any good ideas you have or the outcome of your random acts of kindness!